If you are new to the world of Facebook Ads or have dabbled in the past, then chances are you’ve either been asked by Facebook if you want to “boost” a post on your Facebook Page or you’ve played around in your personal Ads Manager account.
When I start working with new small business for the first time who want to use Facebook Ads to drive more traffic to their websites, I encourage them to setup a Facebook Business Manager account.
Business Manager is a Facebook tool that helps organize and manage your business including your Facebook Page and Ad account and tracking Pixel and allows you to securely manage it all and in time get others to do this for you without having to share your personal Facebook account details with anyone.
In this post, I’ll show you how you can get started and what the key benefits of signing up are.
Create an Account
Head to business.facebook.com and select ‘Create an Account’ with your Facebook account.
If you already have an ad account on Facebook then Facebook recommend you transition to Business Manager.
This means you can share access to multiple Pages and ad accounts with other people and you can also keep your business separate from your personal Facebook profile.
Then enter your name and confirm your identity with Facebook login credentials.
Follow the prompts to create your business account.
You’ll need to assign “assets” to your Business Manager account to get started.
These include people/users, Instagram accounts, your Facebook Page and your Ad Account.
These are all considered separate to each other and must be assigned.
Facebook provide this handy guide to get started:
- Go to Settings – People and assets – People.
- Assign authorised agents to ad accounts and Pages with the appropriate role permissions.
- Go to Business settings – Instagram accounts to connect any Instagram business accounts.
- Add at least two people as Business Manager admins, and add the rest as Business Manager employees.
- Go to Pages – Add new Pages – Claim a Page to connect your Facebook Page. If you are a Page Admin, your claim will be instantly approved. If you are not a Page Admin, a notification to approve the claim request will be sent to the current Page Admin.
- Go to Ad accounts – Add new ad account. You will have the access to add an account you own by supplying the ad account ID, or request access to use another Business Manager-owned ad account. The ad account should be owned by the entity that pays invoices.
Where to Find Everything
Once you’ve set your Business Manager up, you can navigate to your ad account via the icon in the top left of the screen.
Your ads can be set and managed from the Ads Manager.
The audiences that you set up to target your ads too can be access via ‘Audiences’ and your tracking data using the Facebook Pixel can be set up and accessed via ‘Events Manager.’
In ‘Business settings’ you can assign people to your ad accounts, pages and Pixels.
This is where you will be able to ensure that your Ad Account and your Pixel have been linked by the way (as I get asked about this a lot!)
Now you know where it and how it can help, go and get an account set up and start running some ads!