In the world of website traffic driving and building you need to ask for help, but trying to describe a tech issue that you’re having with words or verbally can be difficult.
The easiest way to communicate what you are seeing is to screen grab it and then share that screengrab with the person you need help from.
We use this method in my Membership group so that the question asker doesn;t get frustrated and me and team can best answer the query that the member has. It’s a win, win!
You can either share what you see on the entirety of your screen like this:
Snip a section of screen
…or you can “snip” a smaller section of your page like this:
Keep reading on as I am going to show yo how you can screenshot your screen on a Mac, Windows, iphone and an Android phone.
You won’t be able to stop screen grabbing!
How to SCREENSHOT on a Mac
- To take a screenshot, press and hold these three keys together: Shift, Command and 3.
- If you see a thumbnail in the corner of your screen, click it to edit the screenshot. Or wait for the screenshot to be saved to your desktop.
To “Snip” a section of the screen on a Mac, press Shift + Command + 4, then select the area you want to screenshot.
It will save to your desktop.
How to SCREENSHOT on a PC
To capture your whole screen and save the screenshot, press the Windows key + Print Screen key together.
You can find the Print Screen button in the top right of your keyword.
This will copy the screenshot to your Windows clipboard which you can then press CTRL + V to paste into a comment, email or document.
How to SCREENSHOT on your iPhone
If you are looking at your website on an Apple iPhone, then do one of the following:
- On an iPhone with Face ID: Simultaneously press and then release the side button and volume up button.
2. On an iPhone with a Home button: Simultaneously press and then release the Home button and the side button or Sleep/Wake button (depending on your model).
3. Tap the screenshot in the lower-left corner, then tap Done.
4. Choose Save to Photos, Save to Files, or Delete Screenshot.
If you choose Save to Photos, you can view it in the Screenshots album in the Photos app, or in the All Photos album if iCloud Photos is turned on in Settings > Photos.
How to SCREENSHOT on your ANDROID phone
For newer Android phones you can do the following to screengrab
1. Press the Power and Volume down buttons at the same time.
2. If that doesn’t work, press and hold the power button for a few seconds. Then tap Screenshot.
I hope that was useful and given you a new way of sharing what you see on your screen with others!
For more hints and tips head to this dedicated section of the blog: